Hack Support

I will not be providing any support at all to people who have not clicked Mark as Installed.

I will provide support and respond to feature requests for this hack in this thread only.

Please do NOT PM me for support/feature requests unless I have specifically asked you to do so,
as I will more than likely ignore and delete the PM without a response.

vBulletin Version Compatibility

This hack can be used with v3.6.11 and v3.7.x. This has not been tested with earlier versions of v3.6.x, but should work.

What Does This Hack Do?

A very simple hack to add a quick email address checker to the Admin Control Panel Home page, it will find members via their email address rather than their username. This will only be displayed to Administrators with Can Administer Users permissions.

This idea of this hack came from Keyser Söze's v3.5.x hack (see , and it being Re-useable Code enables me to release this hack), that involves a file edit to a core vbulletin file (which would obviously have to be re-applied every time there is update to vBulletin).

The differences between my hack and Keyser Söze's are that there are no file edits, it is controlled by Admin permissions and it is located in a slightly different location (as putting it in the same location as Keyser Söze's would require file edits, there are no hooks in that location).

Installation Instructions
  • Import ms_quick_email_finder.xml into vB using the AdminCP Product Manager.
  • That is it, nothing else to do, it will work from now on.

Version History

v3.7.001 - Wednesday 10th September 2008
-- Initial Release

Thanks

Thanks go out to Keyser Söze who gave me permission via making his hack Re-useable Code for the existence of this small hack.

Show Your Appreciation

Although not required, if you have enjoyed the benefits of this hack, and would like show your appreciation for my efforts, then please feel free to click on the Support Developer link and donate any amount you feel is appropriate.