I have noticed a lot of requests for censored word replacement, but there does not seem to be anything out there that works properly. Instead of replacing censored words with good words or asterisks or some other symbol, I prefer to simply make them disappear.

1. Go to your AdminCP > vBulletin Options > Censorship Options > Character to Replace Censored Words. Copy and paste the following symbol to use as the Character to Replace Censored Words: ¿ (You can use any symbol that is not used regularly in your forum.)

2. Go to your AdminCP > Styles and Templates > Replacement Variable Manager > Add New Replacement Variable. In the Search for Text field, paste the ¿ (... or the symbol you chose to use.) Leave the Replace with Text field empty.

Now your censored words disappear into thin air. If you censor the word "heck", then it will change from: What the heck is going on? ... to: What the is going on?.

I realize you could do this for all your censored words, but there are two issues to consider: It would be a lot of replacement variables to have to set up if you have a lot of censored words... and... if you have a replacement variable for the word "dog", then the word "dogma" would look like "ma"... where as you can censor the word "dog" by using the curly brackets {dog} within the Censorship Options. The curly brackets will not work in the Replacement Variable Manager. There may be certain bad words that could actually be replaced with better words as long as that word is not a part of another word. If you choose to do this, make sure you no longer censor the word in Censorship Options.